The definition for Coaching for me is: enabling and provoking of learning.
It is all about learning from yourself, from others, from the context where you are in. Robert Dilts pointe in his book ” From coach to awakerer”, to the 6 rolls a Coach has to play, to awaken people.
- Guide: To explore and explain the context for the coachee. It is important for both coachee as coach to really understand the “Reality” of the coachee.
- Coach( small C) : Make the inventory of the behavior and coach the behavior of the coachee.
- Teacher: Provoke to learn, instruct for new competences.
- Mentor: The coachee may see the Coach as a mentor for his beliefs, his values, his expertise. The Coach inspires the coachee
- Sponsor: To support the identities of the coachee. As coworker, someones husband, the father, the colleague, etc…
- Awakener:The coachee together with the coach discovers his mission.
Not all rolls will be present in each intervention of the coach, but all of them they might be present